1. Where can I get after-sales service?
You can get the after-sales service according to the warranty card, receipt or invoice, etc., please visit the warranty process page for more details.
2. How can I tell if the product is authentic?
You can enter the security code of the product on the anti-counterfeiting query page.
3. How do I purchase spare parts for my product?
You can contact the place of purchase or contact us directly.
1. When will the order be delivered?
After purchase, it can usually be delivered to your hands in 3-5 days.
2. Are all XTAR products subject to quality inspection?
In order to ensure that customers receive premium products, all XTAR products undergo rigorous quality testing before shipment.
3. Where can I buy XTAR products?
You can go directly to the XTAR official store or authorized store to buy.
1. Can the XTAR charger be recharged with a solar panel?
If the output voltage of the solar panel matches the input voltage of XTAR, it can be charged.
2. Why are some XTAR chargers not micro USB ports?
1) The contact area of the DC interface is larger than the micro USB interface and has a longer service life.
2) USB-DC data cable can support up to 2.5A current and maximum 30V voltage, so its compatibility is stronger than micro USB.
3) USB-DC data cable is designed according to 5V power input. The interface size is 5.5mm x 2.5mm, which prevents misconnection of 12V power input and ensures safety.
3. Can the over-discharged battery be activated and continue to be used?
For most over-discharged batteries, it can be activated by the 0 volt activation function of the XTAR chargers. If the battery is completely damaged, it cannot be repaired and it is not recommended to continue using it.
4. Do all XTAR chargers have the 0V activation function?
Yes, all the XTAR chargers have this function, and can revive most of the over-discharged batteries.
5. Can I use a 5V 2A charging adapter to charge my XTAR VC4S charger?
Yes. The output power of the charging adapter should be higher than the input power of the charger. For example, you can use a 5V 1A adapter to connect our 5V 2A XTAR VC4S charger, but you can use 5V 1A to charge it. Or the charger may be damaged.
6. Why rechargeable batteries gradually hold less of a charge capacity over time?
The internal resistance of the batteries will gradually increase after a period of usage.
7. what is the best way to store 18650 li-ion batteries if not using for a long time?
If you use VC8 charger, adjust your batteries to the best storage voltage (usually around 3.6V for Li-ion batteries) with its storage function. Then, recharge your batteries every three months.
Read more FQA guide about batteries and charging.
1. Are all XTAR flashlights waterproof?
Yes, all XTAR flashlights are waterproof. For more details, please visit the product page of the flashlight.
2. Why does the flashlight get hot after a long time of use?
Flashlights generate heat due to high power in high lumens. We use aluminum PCB boards to dissipate heat to the outside world so that the inside of the flashlight does not overheat and the overall temperature is not too high.
3. What original battery does the XTAR battery use?
Most are batteries of Samsung, Panasonic, Sony and Sanyo.
About Specific Products
1. What is the difference between the MC series, the VC series, and the VP series?
MC series is equipped with a micro usb or usb-c input port and is compatible with all 5V USB power supplies. The chargers use simple LED indicators. The compact design is very portable and suitable for travel.
VC series is also suitable for all 5V USB power supplies. The LCD screen shows the relevant parameters so you can learn more about the battery and state of charge. Almost all of the VC series chargers are compatible with both Li-Ion and Ni-MH batteries. The MASTER VC2 Plus can be used as a mobile power source to charge USB-powered devices from other devices.
VP series: The LCD panel of the VP series can display the battery voltage more accurately. There are also three optional currents: 0.25A/0.5A/1A. The VP2 can charge all lithium-ion batteries, including LiFePo4 batteries, as well as USB output.
Read the XTAR charger guide to learn more detailed information.
2. Is it safe to charge the MC1 with a 1A adapter?
It is safe. Most of the XTAR chargers, including the MC1, automatically select the most suitable charging current for the battery, and are compatible with all 5V USB charging devices including USB wall charging, mobile power, solar panels, computer USB and more.
3. Why most of the XTAR chargers do not contain charging adapters?
Most users already have a lot of adapters, so you don't have to buy a new adapter to reduce the user's purchase cost. If you don't have an adapter available, you can purchase it from XTAR. VC2 Plus and VC4 recommend using a 5V 2.1A (or higher) adapter for optimal charging.
4. Can I use VC4 to remove the memory effect of NiMH batteries?
No, other chargers with this function are XTAR dragon VP4 PLUS, XP1, XP4.
5. Can VC4 charge LiFePO4 lithium ion battery?
No, because the cutoff voltage of the LiFePO4 battery is 3.6V and the charging voltage is 3.2V. The charger with this function is VP2.
6. Why is my VC4 charging with 0.5A instead of 1A?
When the channel 2 and channel 3 is vacant, the channel 1 and the channel 4 can be charged simultaneously with 1A. When the four slots are simultaneously charged, the charging current per slot is 0.5A. The input current of the adapter also has an effect. If you want to charge the battery with 1A current, use a 5V 2.1A adapter and install the battery in slots 1 and 4.
7. Why does the XTAR charger flash the “Ni-MH” icon for 10 minutes when charging a Ni-MH battery? (ET1, VC2 Plus, VC4, VP4 Plus)?
Because each XTAR charger has a 0V activation function. The voltage of the nickel-metal hydride battery is 1.2V. The XTAR charger treats a battery with a voltage below 2.5V as an over-discharged lithium battery, which is first charged with a smaller current. If a nickel-metal hydride battery is detected, “Ni-MH” will be displayed, and if a lithium battery is detected, “Li-ion” will be displayed. Some over-discharge lithium batteries take 10-15 minutes to activate, so the “Ni-MH” icon will flash during the test.
8. What’s the difference between XTAR X2/X4 and X2/X4 Extended Version?
The XTAR X2/X4 Extended Version can charge the 20700 and 21700 protected batteries, but the old X2 and X4 cannot.
9. Can I use XP4 to charge IMR batteries?
Yes, the XP4 can charge most of the 3.6/3.7V IMR/INR/ICR lithium-ion batteries, as well as nickel-chromium-nickel-metal hydride batteries.
10. How do I know if the D26 I purchased is new or old?
You can browse the instructions on the purchase website or view the user manual. The old new difference is: 1. The old model uses CREE XM-L U3 LED lamp beads, the new uses CREE XM-L2 U3 LED lamp beads; 2. The old model has the largest lumens 1000, and the new maximum lumens 1100. If you are unable to verify, please send us the serial number and we will tell you the result.
11. What is the maximum voltage that the XTAR 18650 3400mAh battery can reach?
The maximum voltage is 4.2V when the battery is full.
12. What is the maximum discharge current of the XTAR 18650 2600mAh battery?
The maximum discharge current is 4.5A.
Account Security / Privacy
1. Why do I need an XTAR ID?
An XTAR ID allows you to communicate with other members of the site. You can share your thoughts and feedback questions and we will respond positively. In addition, we will use the member ID to extract the winners of some events.
2. How do I get the XTAR ID?
You can register by email address.
3. What if I forget my password or username?
If you have forgotten your password, please click "Forgot your password" and we will send you an email with your password reset. Forgot your username, you can log in directly via email.
Tell: (+86) 755-25507076 (Monday to Friday: 9:00-18:00)
Fax: (+86) 755-25507076
Address: 5th Floor, No.77 Xinhe Rd, Shangmugu, Pinghu Area, Longgang District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China